Friday 3 January 2014

The journey begins...

It’s Friday! 

I finally hit the treadmill  yesterday, for the first time in about 4 weeks (since my knee injury). I made it to 5k, but I did have to keep slowing down because my fitness level has dropped. Christmas didn’t help either :P 













A few helpful tips for trying to shift some lbs....

  • Eat food you like! Don’t force feed yourself leaves if you don’t like them. 
  • Don’t feel bad if you fancy something sweet. Yesterday I had a quality street. 44 calories man, that’s less than an apple. 
  • Don’t feel the need to not eat out. Have you ever tried a Nandos salad? Delicious! 
  • Read labels- a pork pie looks delicious, but imagine how much food you can eat for that 800 calories.... 


Think about it this way… If you’re serious about losing weight and being healthy, there are some changes you will have to make for life. If you think of yourself as ‘on a diet’ and restrict yourself from eating anything tasty, you’re not going to lose weight and keep it off. 

My 6 week transformation plan starts on Tuesday. I just got the nutrition plan today and nearly fell over at the changes I'm going to have to make. More about the plan in my next blog post (hopefully Monday/ Tuesday). Let’s see if my plan works. Hope you have your fingers crossed for me. 



Do you like my peri peri chicken salad? It was delicious.  The couscous helped keep me full, too. 
Also- Just so you know... I'm 2 and a half stone lighter than I was on January 3rd 2013. 



No comments:

Post a Comment