Sunday 5 January 2014

Run Forest, run!

Today I paid my entry to the Great Women's 10k run. It takes place on 11th May in Glasgow, I'm already excited! Now I have a bigger excuse to get myself to the gym and start increasing my running distance. Hopefully getting 20lbs off in the next 6 weeks will also help this (ha).

NHS Choices Couch to 5K programme.

It's January. Was your resolution to lose weight/ get fit? This cleaver little programme is what kickstarted me last year, so I thought I'd share a little bit about it. 


Back in the day, I couldn't have imagined running for a bus. The C25K programme starts off with walking, and short jogging bouts, slowly increasing each week. Even the first session is difficult, but it's amazing how quickly your body adapts to the exercise, and each week you will feel your fitness improving. If you stick to it for the whole 9 weeks, by the end of it you will be able to run for 30 minutes non-stop, which should roughly equate to a whole 5k.

The podcasts are FREE, and once you get past the cheesy music, and the slight patronising 'Laura' saying 'Well done, you're doing great!' it really is a great help and a starting block for a schedule. 

Here's the link If you want to know more, or even download the podcasts. 

As I'm starting my 6 week transformation programme on Tuesday, doing 3 HIIT (High intensity interval training) sessions per week, it's likely going to cut into my running schedule. That being said, I'm hoping to start walking to work. 57 mins walk just seems like aaaaages, and I'm worried I will be late. 

Also: Every wondered what a spinach, yellow pepper, and mushroom omelette looks like? A little something like this. 





No comments:

Post a Comment