Monday 22 February 2016

Week one weigh-in

Hey there!

So I've just returned from my first week weigh in.... and I lost... 9.5lbs! (That's 4.3 Kg to all you Europeans)

I'm really pleased with that, but now is not the time to celebrate. I've managed one week of eating well, but I have 7 months until the Great North Run, and a whole lot of weight to lose before then.

Here are some of the foods I've been eating over the past week.....


Chilli con carne with rice & salad
Chicken & All the veggies with brown rice / quinoa 


My favourite weekday breakfast - overnight oats with yogurt & berries

My weekend breakfast - smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, spinach & onions

'Courgetti' with prawns, tomatoes & pesto

Beef goulash with mashed swede, roast potatoes and sauerkraut (amazing and hands down the best thing I've eaten... Ever)

Chickpea & beetroot salad



I'm trying to keep variety & not eat the same thing every day, and make food that is delicious, healthy, and within the slimming world guidelines. 

It seems to be working! I'm really happy so far, and this week I'm adding exercise back into the mix, but not running yet. 

I'll be back with more updates later in the week :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment